We all know that losing the car keys is a nightmare and could be increased to ten times if you don’t find other keys of the same pattern to make a copy of it. If you own a smart key than fortunately it is possible to get a replacement without the need of the original. But not all car keys are replaceable even you have the original spare of them. Every car has its own way operating system to work with and it is up to the car owners what they want.
Many people perhaps think that having their car keys broken, or get damaged could be replaceable, but how they can expect to have the same set of keys without not having the original one. Whether you own a modern car or have the old car replacing a car key having the same lookalike is totally depend on you.
That is why below we have listed some real facts about how the car key replacement program works without having the original to help you understand what type of key you determined when buying it, after buying it how it can be functioned to work with your car.
- What type of car key you determined when buying it?
There are so many different kinds of vehicles. Old cars have the simple keys having teeth that fit into the door or ignite and turn the lock on and off. New and modern cars today, have the same keys inserted the same like simple keys, but they contain, chips, programmed, for the security measurements. Without the correct program those keys will not work. Even if you cut the keys and match it with the key is needed for igniting. The only thing those keys will work if they are programmed by the inserted chip properly. http://www.rekeyingmylocks.com/
- a) Traditional keys:
- They usually work with older cars. Don’t support encoding system, can be easily cut from a key blank.
- b) Encoded keys:
- They contain a programming chip. The chip must need to program correctly and essentially to cut so it can work properly.
- c) Smart keys:
- These are well functioned and allow the car owner to open the car doors without using the key and engine can be start with just one button. These keys don’t contain traditional material to get cut.
- d) Separate fob keys:
- A detached key to work for igniting the engine, it can also lock and unlock the car doors and control its alarm system.
Understanding what type of key the car owner needs is very necessary without original.
- After buying it how it can be functioned to work with your car?
Once the replacement blank key is in your hand, it is up to the car owner how he would like to cut the key or get programmed. If the key is for the old cars than it will not contain any encoding chip,
For more information and latest news and updates visit the links above.